Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The official dodgiest dutch post ever...

Ik ben saai. I hope that means 'I am bored'...

The rules are, I have to know any sentence or words I use, or memorise them when I use them. So I could use the translator, but that would be cheating... And feel free to pay me out for any stupid stuff-ups :) There will be lots :P Especially in grammar cos this translator sucks...

Vaandag ik ging naar school. Ik ben een vrijwilliger, niet een student :P De kinderen zijn zeven jaar oud. ummm. Morgen ik ga naar... guides? Hoe seg je "girl guides" in het nederlands? Hmmm. Ik weet het niet.

Roughly what I meant was:
Today I went to school. I am a volunteer, not a student :P The children (I help with) are (about) seven years old. Tomorrow I get to go to girl guides. I have no idea how to say "girl guides" in dutch... ANYWAY... Ok, i'm over it..

Doei! (Later peeps!)

2 Comments:

At 3:29 am, Blogger Ruud Vermeij said...

Ik ben saai = I am boring
Ik verveel me = I am bored

"Girl guides" used to be "padvindsters," but nowadays the age group for boys as well as girls is called "scouts" (which is of course a word imported from English.)

Your Dutch story is rather good. I would say some things sligtly different:

Vandaag ben ik naar school geweest. Ik ben vrijwilliger, geen leerling :P De kinderen zijn zeven jaar oud. ummm. Morgen ga ik naar de scouts. Hoe zeg je "girl guides" in het Nederlands? Hmmm. Ik weet het niet.

["Student" is used for university, not for 7 yo children...]

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am bored/I am boring... either one could apply really :) close enough anyway :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home