Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day

Today was Earth Day, and we had random awesomeness at work :)

A guy from the Science Centre came to our work and brought a bunch of turtles and stuff for us to see over our lunch hour. There was a pig-nosed turtle, and some other random turtle, and a salamander, and a North American Toad. And one of these guys:


When you rest your hand on their shell, it feels warm. That was unexpected - I would've thought their shell was too thick for their body heat to come through. And it looks like they have lots of claws up their legs - so random. He was big too - shell 30cm long? Maybe a bit more.

And then I picked up a couple of garbage bags of trash. Huzzah :) There was SO much more trash everywhere. I ran out of bags though. Meh - another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home