The Last Airbender
So my current time wasting obsession is...
...Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Having found an unopened DVD of the series at the Thrift Store for $2, I decided to buy it. But it was the second four episodes in the series, so of course I had to go online to watch the first four first. Aaaaand it kinda blew up from there.
I saw the live action movie when it came out a few years ago and thought it was okay, but then after I saw all the fans being furious about how awful it was, and how it totally wasn't anywhere near as good as the series I became mildly curious. Apparently the movie also had their asian names pronounced correctly, so instead of Aang being called "Aing" with an American accent, he was "Ung". Lots of people were furious that they changed the name of the main character. I guess if I'd loved the series first, and then saw the movie, I'd have a knee-jerk reaction too.
Anyway, I'm up to the third and last season, and yeah. Quick synopsis for those who don't know: People in this world are divided into four countries - Earth, Fire, Water and Air. People in these countries are sometimes born with skills to use martial arts moves to affect the element of their country. For instance, the girl in the picture is Katara from the Southern Water Tribe. She can affect water with her movements, so she's a water bender. The guy in the middle is the Avatar (named Aang) - a guy kinda like the Dalai Lama, but with magic powers. He keeps getting reborn, and can do magic with all four elements. He has to keep balance between all the countries.
Where I'm at in the series, Aang has mastered airbending, is good at water bending, is quickly learning earth bending and has yet to start fire bending. In a couple of months the fire nation is going to take over the world - unless Aang can master all four elements and beat the guy in charge.
Anyhoo, now is time for bed :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home