Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I am a Christian, FYI

For anyone who didn't know, I'm a Christian.

For me, that means that God is on my mind (frequently) every day. Today I was thinking of random encounters I've had with God as I walked from the gym club I coach to the bus stop to catch the bus home. All the plants have been super green and lush lately, due to it being Spring and having rained. There are some gorgeous flowers around at the moment, many apple and cherry blossoms, and I think lilac. Whatever it is, it is light purple and smells nice. Also, lots of snails came out after the rain.

Lilacs (purple) and apple trees (pink)

At the bus stop recently I've seen a raccoon, a chipmunk, a rabbit, a cardinal, a squirrel and some turkey vultures (I think). No deer or foxes yet, but we'll see. All these things are gorgeous, and they make me think of God & the cool stuff he does. I frequently think like that when I'm around nature. It's pretty awe inspiring/attention-getting/interesting to me.

Another encounter I thought of was a historical one. One week I went to church at the North Brisbane Salvation Army, and before it started I was minding my own business as usual. As the meeting started, I had a random thought in my head - like I'd overheard someone else's thought. And the thought was a basic expectation of push-ups tonight. Then I was curious - how on earth were there going to be push-ups during a church meeting??? It got my attention, and it sort of "sounded" like God, so I waited to see what would happen.

And for some random reason, during the service that night, someone on stage was asked to do ten push-ups. I've never seen push-ups at church before or since, but the one time there was - I got advance notice. That was pretty cool :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home