Friday, April 20, 2007

Bible study Part 1

Yay.
I led womens bible study last night. A thrilling encounter with the first two books of James... It was meant to be the whole book... but apparently I need to work on my timing. Or I just had way too much stuff. It was as short as I could make it while still having it interesting, SORRY! Geez...

ANYWAY... To break up any monotony, I had several object lessons interspersed throughout the class, with a song by Switchfoot after we had completed the first chapter. Meant To Live. Great song. It fit in great, cos we were discussing temptation, and an object lesson I used was that of a mousetrap - Satan can't read our minds, but he knows the nature of people, so he can throw a range of stuff at us, and know that (with our desires working against us) he will eventually catch something. Just like we can use a variety of stuff in mousetraps, and we will eventually catch our mouse...

So the second verse of Meant to Live goes like this:
Dreaming about providence
and whether mice or men have second tries
Maybe we've been living with eyes half open
maybe we're bent and broken, broken

See? SEE? It had mice in it :) I felt that validated its use sufficiently... :)

So yeah. Give me youth or children anyday, holy mackerel, you usually don't have to prove your credentials as you teach for pete's sake... Like that wasn't extremely nerve racking.... I will be greatly impressed if I was at all articulate for that entire hour and a quarter... Probably babbled incoherently and very quickly. ICK.

So I babbled quickly and STILL couldn't get through the whole bible study... Oh well.
At least I learnt stuff from it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home