Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rubix cube GENIUS...


And I'm not even kidding. But I have to give a prologue before I get to that...

Every second sunday we help out at the Korean corps youth English service - with someone from 614 preaching, and helping out with prayer times and stuff. This weekend we ran Urban Plunge - a weekend for youth and young adults to see the kinds of ministry we run in the inner city. So a whole bunch of the Korean youth came out, which was sweet. They came on prayer walk, and helped with our kids squads, Somali group (tutoring) and visited the St Jamestown 614 for stuff too.

So at the Korean corps this morning we had a really great time - instead of a sermon, we split up into bible study groups - the topic being Isaiah 58. And my group (junior high girls) responded really well to it - especially the girls who had come out to the Urban Plunge. We had an awesome discussion about what worship was, and how it involved their activites outside church. We looked at opressed people groups both in general as well as in their sphere of influence, and things they could do against injustice. And it went great.

So after we'd finished, James gets challenged to beat Kim's brothers' rubix cube solution record - or someone's anyway (Kim is the Korean Youth pastor). The record is 50 seconds.

So the guy whips out his rubix cube, and starts fiddling madly with the thing - like a ten year old would if he was being stupid and trying his best to mix it up so noone could ever solve it. I'm not even joking. The usual strategy is to contemplate each move for at least several seconds to see if you can actually work the stupid thing out... nope. He just starts spinning the thing in six different directions at once, and in 45 seconds, all the sides were the same colour. Seriously. And he was stoked that he'd beaten the 50 second record. So I shook his hand and told him he'd made my blog.
I'm sure he was incredibly honoured :)

Picture pending... NOT any more :) Such a flattering shot... well if he'd just look at the camera for Pete's sake...honestly...

1 Comments:

At 5:47 pm, Blogger Stephanie said...

lol :) It's sad I know. Most of us were content to switch the stickers on those stupid cubes. Who thought anyone could be bothered doing them right.... tragic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home