When it rains it pours...
I may have to do several blogs this week... Or today even.
And I might just start with something I noticed.
So on Saturday I went out for a hike with my wilderness squad. (Pictures above are: Issa on the beach, and Curtis, Lawrence, Issa, Mark and Laval walking)We went over to Scarborough (40 mins from Toronto -no idea if that's how you spell it...) and then to McDonalds for lunch. I actually found like, 97 cents in change on the beach over there, it was scary! Every time I looked down there was a quarter, or a dime or a penny... No nickels :) So I ended up with a bunch of shrapnel. I gave some to another guy, and threw some into the creek because it was useless and rusted, but I still scored like 60 cents or so. Yay me :)
It was crazy to get the trip started, cos there was a problem with van bookings, and we had to search frantically for a van to get us to our hike...
Anyway, in amidst the resulting chaos, I managed to lose a $20 note. It had been in the pocket with my keys, and I guess it fell out during all the door locking and unlocking. Or I lost it on the beach... But I looked everywhere around the office; in every room I had been into, and in the parking lot, but there was no sign of it.
Now being on Ignite, we don't get that much cash. We have no time to get a job, and we're all pretty much broke, so you'd think losing 2/5ths of my monthly allowance would be pretty tragic...
The weird thing was I wasn't very worried. Obviously I looked for it everywhere I could think of, but I couldn't find it, and I realised I wasn't that concerned. Even before I started looking - I was just like, bugger. Oh well, that sucks. Moving on...
FINE, I guess I should look for it...
And yeah. I didn't need it for anything, so I'm like, meh. Whatever. Obviously I hope it hasn't gone to fuel someone's drug use, but at the moment I'm kind of set. I'm not about to starve, or freeze, or get stranded anywhere. So ultimately, on Saturday I found 97 cents on the beach! Woot!
So I guess that's kinda cool. Sometimes you score stuff, and sometimes you lose stuff; but ultimately it's sweet. It's not mine to keep anyway. And it's nice to know that at least in one instance of my life I managed to not be possessive and psycho materialistic... Or if I'm not materialistic usually, then I at least didn't have the anxious stingy attitude of 'loss'.
[Or I just subliminally realised there was no way I was ever going to find it, and decided I couldn't be bothered... either way :)]
There's probably some deep message about trusting God, or not loving money or something in there... but it's my week off. You figure it out :P :)
And I might just start with something I noticed.
So on Saturday I went out for a hike with my wilderness squad. (Pictures above are: Issa on the beach, and Curtis, Lawrence, Issa, Mark and Laval walking)We went over to Scarborough (40 mins from Toronto -no idea if that's how you spell it...) and then to McDonalds for lunch. I actually found like, 97 cents in change on the beach over there, it was scary! Every time I looked down there was a quarter, or a dime or a penny... No nickels :) So I ended up with a bunch of shrapnel. I gave some to another guy, and threw some into the creek because it was useless and rusted, but I still scored like 60 cents or so. Yay me :)
It was crazy to get the trip started, cos there was a problem with van bookings, and we had to search frantically for a van to get us to our hike...
Anyway, in amidst the resulting chaos, I managed to lose a $20 note. It had been in the pocket with my keys, and I guess it fell out during all the door locking and unlocking. Or I lost it on the beach... But I looked everywhere around the office; in every room I had been into, and in the parking lot, but there was no sign of it.
Now being on Ignite, we don't get that much cash. We have no time to get a job, and we're all pretty much broke, so you'd think losing 2/5ths of my monthly allowance would be pretty tragic...
The weird thing was I wasn't very worried. Obviously I looked for it everywhere I could think of, but I couldn't find it, and I realised I wasn't that concerned. Even before I started looking - I was just like, bugger. Oh well, that sucks. Moving on...
FINE, I guess I should look for it...
And yeah. I didn't need it for anything, so I'm like, meh. Whatever. Obviously I hope it hasn't gone to fuel someone's drug use, but at the moment I'm kind of set. I'm not about to starve, or freeze, or get stranded anywhere. So ultimately, on Saturday I found 97 cents on the beach! Woot!
So I guess that's kinda cool. Sometimes you score stuff, and sometimes you lose stuff; but ultimately it's sweet. It's not mine to keep anyway. And it's nice to know that at least in one instance of my life I managed to not be possessive and psycho materialistic... Or if I'm not materialistic usually, then I at least didn't have the anxious stingy attitude of 'loss'.
[Or I just subliminally realised there was no way I was ever going to find it, and decided I couldn't be bothered... either way :)]
There's probably some deep message about trusting God, or not loving money or something in there... but it's my week off. You figure it out :P :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home