Thursday, January 04, 2007

Niagara Falls



So. Yesterday I went with Colin to drop Grace and her mates off at the airport in Buffalo (USA) so she could catch her flight to Chicago.

Long story short, we drove for three or so hours, NEVER hit a stretch of wilderness, and if I ever see that much development again I'm gonna puke. Completely ruined the mini road trip :(
Pity I will see it all again next Monday, only for longer...

The USA border *sigh*, honestly, if I hadn't been in the car, they probably would have waved the rest of them through, and they'd've saved a half hour or so. But no. An international was among them, and the United States government now has more information on me than does the Australian government :)

I filled out the little form thing, then they took fingerprints from my index fingers, and took a digital photograph, and we paid US$6. Not that they were rude or mean at all, or gave me the third degree like that annoying chick from England... I'm very thankful there wasn't more of a queue :)

Anyway, on the way back, Colin stopped so I could check out Niagara Falls, and although it was freezing, it was still pretty cool. The mist sprayed all over the place, and there were cool clouds cos it was sunset. Souvenirs were super expensive junk as usual. It's so annoying when anything worthwhile is a complete rip-off. pleh. Photos are always good. And Colin risked the video feature on my camera and panned across the whole falls, which is sweet. I wish I could view it on this computer, but I haven't found a program yet... Thanks Colin!

So yeah. Photo #2 above is the United States side of the falls (read: not so cool falls) and the one with me in it is the Canada side of the falls (cool side of the falls) No really, the Canadian falls are REALLY spectacular - they do the curve around thing, and they're bigger and stuff, and you can't see if there's rocks at the bottom cos of the mist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home