My awesome weekend :)


Snow, snow, snow... and ice skating :)
Yay :) This weekend we got our first lots of snow!!! The earlier stuff officially doesn't count anymore because THIS snow accumulated on the ground!!!
Ok, on Saturday (after all night prayer), a bunch of us did a 5km fun run (I was slack - I walked it with Kingsley and Patricia) and there was snow on EVERYTHING, it was so sweet!!! There was me, Fiona, Kingsley, Rob, Geoff, Vito (probably not how you spell it, but hey), Sasha, Emma (spectator), Patricia and Paul. Geoff, Kingsley and Sasha had a snow fight. I wanted to, but my stupid thumb hurt when I tried to throw stuff. CUT AS.
So we did our walk/run, and Vito was the fastest out of all of us, but he was nowhere near getting a prize. BUT!! Get this! They had all put their names into a prize draw when we registered, and Vito's name got called out! It was so cool - he scored a free flying lesson, how random is that??!!! I think he's like... I dunno, 16? 15? I suck at guessing ages. So yeah. He scored a prize anyway :)
Then on Sunday we did our usual hectic Sunday stuff, and after church we went ice skating. AND it was snowing while we skated!!! It fully covered everything!! It was awesome.
And we went skating again on Monday night, and it fully started snowing hard as... Geoff would say"pfft, that's not snow!" but it was. It got all over me, and you could see the individual snowflake shapes sometimes too, if it wasn't all clumped together. Made it hard to skate though. Apart from flying into my face heaps, it piled up on the (outdoor) rink and clogged my skates.
I have decided I need to buy skates. It costs $7 for skate hire, but the rink is free if you have skates. I reckon I can get a second hand pair pretty cheap...
Todays' temperature range was from -4 to 0 degrees. I think the maximum on Sunday is meant to be -4 degrees... Good thing my jacket is awesome :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home