Blogging

So the latest fun packed news - I am starting up an Adventurers section at Regent Park 614. This is the boys 7-10 years group of SAGALA, if you didn't know, and I am using the Aussie program with a couple of minor alterations (eg. no Australia badge for obvious reasons)
So yeah! Today I got up early and went sash and scarf material shopping. I got directed to this section of street on the other side of Yonge St, and there were like, a million fabric shops there!! But I had to look EVERYWHERE!! Only a couple of the first ten shops had some grey stuff I could use for sashes, and the only stuff they had for scarves was this cotton broadcloth which may be too thin - and anyway wasn't a bright enough maroon. FINALLY after I crossed to the other side of the street, I found a bunch of grey cotton stuff that would TOTALLY work for sashes - in the bargain bin for $2/metre!!! So that was sweet - I scored like, 5 yards in three sections for $9. And I may have found some scarf stuff too - only it was $2.50/metre. I got a yard of it to see how it works.
So yeah!! I found a heap of material so I don't have to pay for shipping etc from Australia, and when they send out the program stuff and badges I asked for I can get more sorted :)
So far I have 9 boys ranging in age from 8 to 11... I know it's pushing the upper age part, but I will see how it goes. At the very least it'll be easy to start Rangers :) And I just need to find a guy to help lead. It'd be weird to have an Adventurer section with no male leaders...

2 Comments:
So will you be sewing these sashes now? I wonder how different the badges look compared to the badges for Adventure Corps in America. I've been starting to lead the guarding stuff over here and it's a lot of work. I could use your expertise!!!
hehe, on the other side of yonge st! you are sooo adventurous steph :) were you on queen st west of spadina?
what night is your squad and what time? i can solicit leaders for you (email or facebook msg me)
Post a Comment
<< Home