Random email and surgery...
This week I got a random email from Grace - former fellow Igniter of '06/'07. She sent me a link to an article talking about what people generally think of heaven/ what the common conception of the Christian "life after death" belief is.
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1710844,00.html
Anyway, it freaked me out - if people all think that all you get is the dream-like, after death disembodied floating on clouds with harps thing, no wonder it's not such a big deal! Good grief!
That's totally why I like Job... is it around chapter 19? My bible is in the other room, and I can't be bothered grabbing my crutches to go get it...
"With my own eyes I will see him - I and not another"
Wait, this is why biblegateway was invented:
Job 19 indeed...
I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
totally awesome verses... TOTALLY! I so love that bit :)
So now I have to ask people what their thoughts are about this - there's a youth discipleship group at my corps, but at the moment its not very discipleship focused - more life group/social stuff. I would really like to know what they believe about this.
And in other news, today I had a knee arthroscopy on my right knee cos it has been bugging me for ages. There was a lot of wear and tear in the joint that got trimmed. I am on crutches now - when I have to get anywhere - usually I am lying down with my leg raised. Thrilling. I may have to go grab some Panadol...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home