Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quebec 1

This week (Sunday 16 to Thursday 20) I drove to the Salvation Army camp at Lac L'Achigan in Quebec. I went with Denise Walker (one of my bosses) and her niece Heather - it was a trip for work cos I had to meet with someone and hash out Olympics mission team stuff.

The campsite was small compared to Newport (where I spent last summer) and Jackson's Point (another campsite) but it had a really nice lake, and good weather apart from two afternoon storms. I volunteered to help in the kitchen around mealtimes, and with serving as well which was fun cos I got to hang out with the camp staff who were awesome!


Seeing as this was Quebec - the French speaking province of Canada - I was totally going to learn more French sentences this week, but seeing as it was Spanish camp I ended up trying to learn both Spanish and French, lol. So, I'm quite proficient in saying "oui oui" "sil vous plait" "Bon jour" and "merci" but now I also can add "si" "kee-er-en cafe?" " buenos dias" and "de nada" (Spanish) to my list :) OH, and my road trip favourites: "Arret!" and "Lentement" (Stop and slow street signs in French)

So yeah. On Sunday and Monday and I did a bunch of beach stuff with Heather, like swimming, canoeing to the nearby island, jumping off the dock and paddle boating. The water was really nice - especially on Monday because we went earlier in the afternoon and it was warmer.

And yeah. I played pool with a bunch of the camp staff, and did the meetings I was supposed to, and was a pro at setting tables, serving coffee and then clearing tables and putting stuff away :) Yay :) Totally got to keep my camp t-shirt as well :) I'll add it to my collection, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home