Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kettles and Kusudama

So it's quickly coming up to Christmas, and here in Toronto with the Salvation Army, that means KETTLES. They are these bubble things on a stand that people put donations in, and we get the fun packed job of standing next to them for hours on end to say thank you to people, and make sure no one steals them. Anyway...

Another cool part of this christmas is that I've found the most awesome things ever - and I'm making them to put on the door of every apartment on my floor of this apartment building. They're called kusudama - google it! They're really pretty. Here's some of mine...




They're also very time consuming, and used a lot of double sided tape until I realised I could use a glue gun... Also quite messy, since most of my living room floor is now covered in piles of small squares of paper, reels of ribbon, piles of half folded kusudama segments, and other various craft materials. But the results will hopefully be worth all the chaos!

1 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, Blogger M said...

You realise that Kate is going to fall in love with those and there is going to be paper and ribbon all over our living room again! I just finished the Christmas wrapping and floor has been found! :)You are awesomely clever though and very generous to make one for all the doors on your floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home