Stopped by the cops. Sigh.
We had a games night at Denise's place tonight, and we finished up at about 11pm.
I was just cutting through the baseball diamond on my way home when I'm thinking, hm. I just read about an Australian kickboxer who beat up some potential muggers who caught her off-guard as she was texting someone. And of course, there I am, texting away.
But just then, a cop car was driving around (off road) nearby, and I'm like, oh. Well they won't mug me while the cops are here!!
Anyway, long story short, the cops drove over to me, and were just reminding me to be aware of my surroundings as I walk, because our neighbourhood has been a little rougher than usual lately. I did have my hood up, but I was wearing a PALE hoody, not a black one. If I have to not wear my hood all winter, I think I'll FREEZE. Tonight was cold. Maybe I should get a bright yellow kids winter hat, with a huge pom pom or something. CLEARLY not a threat!
After that, I made it safely home without seeing hardly ANYONE else out - because it's so cold, but I guess it's good that the cops are keeping their eyes open :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home