Tuesday, April 17, 2012

BIKE :)

This is the bike I bought last week :) The one behind it is the 24" (i.e. too small) bike I bought initially, which I am now selling.

The only thing with my blue bike was, the little levers that change gears? They had snapped off. No big deal, except that it was stuck on a stupid gear - the one where it's really easy to pedal, but you get nowhere. I wouldn't have minded if it had been a decent gear...

SO I went to Bike Sauce. It's a volunteer-run bike repair place 5 minutes away from my place. You take your bike there, and the volunteers show you how to fix your bike - they have the space and the tools, and you can buy used or new parts.

I got some used shifter lever things for $5, and totally replaced them myself :D (under the direction of some volunteers...) So now I'm an official bike pro! (slight overstatement, but hey) Now I just have to clean it all up and grease some bits. I'm still debating if I want to take it all apart and put it back together and actually learn more bike stuff... I need to wait for the bike repair book from the library regardless.

One of my new metal gear changing things :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home