Monday, October 08, 2012

Backdated laziness blog #1

Ok, so I'm lazy, but my camera has the pictures in order of what I'd been meaning to blog about. They go like this:

Shampoo
Clothes
Furniture
Mattress
Thanksgiving
Book

So this one will tell of Shampoo and Clothes!

 Photo a): dilute bicarb before

Photo b): dilute bicarb AFTER

First, shampoo.

Having been both frustrated at how quickly my hair got greasy again after I washed it, unwilling to wash my hair every stinkin' day, and distressed at the number of chemicals I couldn't pronounce that were in my hair products, I decided to try a change. I read a tonne about people using dilute apple cider vinegar or bicarb to wash their hair after not washing it for ages - in order to let the hyperactive oil glands in their scalp calm down. Short version - hair oil = good, stripping oils = panicked glands = greasy hair every day.

So I settled on dilute bicarb, with (rarely) apple cider vinegar to do the ends - or just conditioner if I'm feeling very very lazy. First my hair went disgustingly greasy and I wore a scarf to work a couple of times (and had to explain the whole thing lol), but now it's totally working. There've been days when I totally expected to have to wash my hair, but I brushed it out - and it was fine. And I'm like, SWEET.

The pics above show my dilute bicarb mix both before, and after I have used it as shampoo. Gross. And yes, I really do need to find non-glass receptacles to put it in...

Next, clothes.


This is me at work with just-washed hair in my new work clothes from Value Village (thrift store)...

And this is me after I got home from work with a different new work top from Value Village (thrift store)

So I went to Value Village (thrift store :)) and got new work clothes :)

I mean NEW! I got these for $100 total...

2 new (with tags on) Denver Hayes (pricey brand) cargo pants
1 new (with tags on) Banana Republic (pricey brand) black work pants
1 new (no tags, but they were super long and hadn't been hemmed yet) dark grey work pants
3 (looked new) shirts for work

And then I got a leather satchel kind-of bag for $25. It was Clarks, which is apparently a pricey brand too.

So it was my scour-through-everything-in-the-store, and come back with a bunch of new/near-new brand name clothes etc for decent prices day.

Well done Value Village (thrift store) :) lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home