Backdated laziness blog #2
Shampoo - done
Clothes - done
Furniture
Mattress
Thanksgiving
Book
... plus Awesome Ad!!
Now I will tell you all about my random awesome furniture and birthday mattress...
This is my awesome furniture thing I got for free cos someone was moving and couldn't take it.
It is a solid oak, imitiation slate top, drop leaf buffet/server by Ethan Allen. There's a logo branded into the inside of one of the drawers, and a manufacturing number under a drawer - it was made in 1975. The slate top is so you can put hot dishes on it without wrecking it.
Ethan Allen is Freeeaaakiing Expensive, well made furniture. Like, this one cost $1200 in 1975 - I don't know what that equals in today's money, but it's more.
It's also FREEEEAAAAKING HEAVY. I mean, it has little tiny wheels, but is SO HEAVY!!!! Yeeeeeesh! This is what non-Ikea furniture is like...
Ok, and now my mattress... which I don't have a shot of, so I will need to take one now with my laptop... hold please....
This is my new mattress. I got it just yesterday after a week of sleeping on the couch cushions after I ditched my old mattress and baseboard on suspicion of bed begs. I still haven't caught any live ones, but I had a bunch of bites on my left arm for 3 weeks running (i.e. bunch of bites Sunday night in week 1. More bites Monday night in week 2 after a complete bedroom clean looking for spiders. Then MORE bites on Monday in week 3, so I got these things to put under the feet of your bed to trap anything, and not let it climb up your bed.). There were a couple of super desiccated dead old bed bugs in a crack in my masonite base board, so I turfed it and my trusty old mattress, threw all my bedding into the dryer, and tried to find an el-cheapo mattress.
I couldn't. They're all like, $60 min for one of the skinny ones I had, but you need the masonite underneath, which I couldn't be bothered sorting out. So, I got a $99 mattress plus a bed bug protector from the local furniture shop on Parliament St :) AND they delivered it free!!! Yay! It was a toss up between a foam one for $89 or the spring one for $99. The one with springs was more comfy - and there was only a $10 price difference, so whatever.
The mattress protector is what my dad got me for my birthday. Thanks dad! :D




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home