Saturday, October 11, 2014

Holidays 2014!

Hey look guys, I’m blogging!

So this week I’ve been on holidays with Laney and Kate in beautiful British Columbia. I shall try to catch up on what we’ve done, and include pictures to illustrate J

Sunday – Day 1
Today I arrived in Vancouver, yay! I was meant to meet Kate and Laney at the hostel downtown at 5pm, but they missed their flight from LA, and so were an hour or so later than that. We went for a walk down by the beach, and they took me to the Boathouse restaurant for my birthday J I had steak – huge portion as you can see, but really good J Laney had fish and chips – I was slightly jealous.



Then we went down the street for Marble Slab icecream, mmmmmmmm.

Monday
Today started with a long bus ride to the University of British Columbia where we went to see the Museum of Anthropology. That campus is MASSIVE. A little town all on its own. 



Next we went to the Granville Markets for lunch, and after that we headed downtown to Gastown for souvenir shopping and to see the steam clock. 



We found a tourist map that pointed out a lookout – so we went up the lookout tower and could see all around Vancouver, which was pretty nice. On the level above the lookout there was a rotating restaurant, but we didn’t go to that – we can do that in Toronto J Finally we went on an adventure – searching for a Value Village store. I saw it on a map on East Hastings St, but didn’t know what intersection it was at. So we got on a bus downtown and just headed east on Hastings. We went through the dodgiest section of town, which was fun (…) and drove for AGES (30 mins?) until the bus just decided to pull over and sit there. For ten minutes. I guess he was ahead of schedule, but as it turned out, the very next stop was the Value Village we had been searching for. We could have just WALKED there, lol.

After that, we took the bus home, stopping for Macca’s for a VERY late dinner, but then the bus driver went right past our stop – and the next stop was ages away across a bridge. So at like, 11pm, we’re sitting on the other side of the road at the bus stop waiting for the bus going in the opposite direction to come and take us back over the bridge. LATE NIGHT!

Tuesday
Kate and Laney decided to go jogging at disgusting o’clock today, and then peer pressure me into going for a walk around Stanley Park. We ended up going all the way around, and then heading directly to the Aquarium. We ate food, saw an AWESOME dolphin training session and belugas and sea otters and jellyfish.

In the afternoon, we headed back to the hostel so Kate and Laney could shower and change, and then we caught the bus to Grouse Mountain, where we took the gondola up the mountain. We looked around up there, and had dinner in the restaurant watching the sun set over the city. Pretty J



Now I’m tired, so I’ll have to continue updating my blog later :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home