Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cabbagetown Family Day... party thing

Monday was a public holiday here - Family Day - and I had a list of things to do, many of which would have been helped by having stores open, lol! Thank goodness for Chinatown :)

Anyway, I needed to get cash out to buy bus tokens and groceries, so I went to Parliament St to get to the bank, and there was an awesome ice sculpture right in front of the bank!


The sign in the sculpture told me that today was the Cabbagetown Family Day festival. I hadn't been around Parliament St for a while, or I would've noticed all the posters saying "Family Day festival, 11am-5pm". Well it was like 11:45am, and the only things I'd noticed (other than it was FREEZING) was a weird Elvis car, and one ice sculpture. Maybe there'd be more? So I went on the hunt :)





Gorgeous much???? I think I like the seahorse best, then the swan, then the eagle.

I came back later, and found the stall giving away free pancakes (no photo, lol) and saw the cool horse drawn vehicle thingy:


...but didn't get a ride. It was very, very cold on the weekend (-40 with windchill at times), so really perfect weather for ice sculptures to be out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home