Monday, June 04, 2007

al;skdngfpaein ctfg[n

Yeah. I was feeling like I couldn't be bothered with a title. Should probably be "random stuff I can remember from the last time I blogged". Or maybe even longer...

So. In no particular order:

We went to the Ontario East Youth Councils (25-27 May) where we got to run games and prayer stuff, and later scored free t-shirts, yay us.

614 had a garage sale (June 2) instead of door knocking for our Red Shield Appeal. Funny as all anything :) I got to sell clothes. Fill a shopping bag for $1, then it went to 50c. Joy was like a megaphone in the $2 section. They could hear her down the street - she went on for hours! "Once you go black you can never bring it back! Only $2! Money doesn't grow in your pocket!" and other such memorable (and completely mystifying) slogans echoing around the parking lot, lol. She's such a classic. I wonder if anyone got a photo of her that I can get my hands on...

Me, Fiona, Kingsley and Sherry Feltmate went to the Hillsong United concert in Toronto on Saturday night (June 2nd). Starfield (a Canadian band) was playing there as well. I think I lost about 20% of my hearing. It was SO LOUD holy mackerel... cool songs though. The queue to get in was horrendous, first with the parking lot queue, then with the entry queue...

It was funny, some guy that I forget the name of came up to speak, and the instant he started talking I was giggling my head off at his accent, it was so classic. I'm like, man he sounds so cool. And yet funny at the same time. Unfortunately for me, his was an Australian accent, lol. It was so hilarious though!!! By the time he'd finished talking I'd gotten used to it, but it was still so random to hear his accent at the start and for it to be so foreign to me. Classic :) Aussie accents rule :) *sigh*

ummmmmmmmmmm. I have to put together 2 sermons for this Sunday... One is on the 3 dudes in the firery furnace (Daniel 3), and the other one is about the Israelites being whiney babies as the escaped Egypt with the whole red sea bit and everything (Exodus 14). I am being slack and using video clips for both of them. Pirates of the Caribbean II and Napoleon Dynamite at this stage. Have I piqued your curiosity yet? Any ideas for the Exodus 14/Napoleon Dynamite one would be taken into consideration :) fun fun fun.

And I have to think up a painting/drawing or something on the theme of "Others" for SARoots - the conference. I hate themed pictures. They never sell either. So you spend a tonne of money to make a point and are left with a mediocre picture that makes that point. woot. I am trying to come up with something less obvious and more worthy of the title "artwork" and NO I am not going to go abstract, that is so CHEATING. Completely retarded...

We went to Ottawa. I will do another blog for that. Might as well....

Heather Power moved to Melbourne, Australia a week or more ago for this job she got, and last night Heather Stump came back from her month long mission trip to Africa... and I have conveniently forgotten which country... sorry Heather!!! So yeah.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home