Freaky...Thursday?

Freaky Friday had a better ring to it...
It started on the breakfast van this morning. It was the usual "would you like fries with that?" stuff... (more like "would you like juice and a Slim Jim with that" but hey.)
So at about 7am, we're driving around in our usual sleep deprived stupor, when all of a sudden, our exalted van leader Kathy goes, "Yep, there are the uniforms..."
And I'm thinking, whaaat? Who?
And then it's clear to me. There was some Breakfast with the General thing on this morning, and the uniforms she is referring to are those of Salvos officers on their way to attend.
So I look out the front window, and they're visible from a mile away - the guys with the hats and all. Then she has the BEST IDEA EVER (remember people, this is the type of humour you get when you wake up at like, 4:50am, and still need a lot more sleep...)
So she goes, "We should ask them if they want a coffee!!!!!!" - this being the first question we ask people we serve in our massive Salvation Army van with the massive shield on all four sides.
And I'm like "YEAH!! That's like, the best idea EVER!! We SO should! Can we go??!?" - you could tell I'd been roused from my stupor, if only for a while. So we finished up serving the guys we were serving, and drove on towards the intersection, but of course by then, everyone has moved on. DRAT! Kathy tried honking to get Christine Macmillan's attention (she's like, a commissioner or something) But she didn't hear us. CUT AS :(
SO. We get dropped off back at home at like, 7:40, and by 8:30 I am back asleep.
I wake up at 9:50 to get to the office (because we go to Bloor Central for lunch, and we leave the office at like, 10:15 or so) I throw on the jeans I wore yesterday, down a bowl of Rice Crispies (aka Rice Bubbles) grab my sneakers and a jacket and head off to the office. As I go, I realise my shoelace has come untied, so I'm like, ok, I'll fix it when I get to the office. So I rock on up to the front door, and am just about to stoop down and fix said shoelace, when I realise a whole bunch of uniforms are streaming out the front door. So I stand there in stunned confusion as Shaw Clifton (Current General of the Salvos) walks out the door, looks at me and keeps on walking with his entourage. I look at Geoff, whose mind is elsewhere as he does a stunning impersonation of a tour guide, then for lack of anything better to do, I fix my shoelace. By this time the entourage has vacated the doorway, so I start to head in, saying hi to Ed (cafe volunteer) as I go. One of the entourage is being a great doorman, so as I head in I smile at him, and say "Great uniforms guys!" and keep on going....
My state of "stunned confusion" has by now progressed to "stunned bemusement", and I head upstairs... only to be met by Sandra giving the tour to Christine Macmillan, and the General's wife, who looks alot like her photo :)
Joe: "what are you talking about?"
Stephanie: Nick OFF Joe!! I'm trying to BLOG!!!
Yeah. Insert slight Joe interruption here...
So anyway...
Yeah. I ran into people upstairs. Sandra introduces me, and Christine M is like, I've seen you around everywhere! And then comes and hugs me, and I'm like, yeah, I've been STALKING you!! - no I haven't :) (The "no I haven't" was added very quickly onto the end of that sentence because the three of them had stopped and and stared at me in surprise...)
So Mrs General asks me whereabouts in the neighbourhood do I live, and I'm like, oh, 5 minutes that way, and then they went on with their tour for a bit. And I head into the office to wonder at Grace and Fiona as to why I had been met by the General at the door...
And of course, Kingsley rocks on up just AFTER they all leave, holy mackerel that was funny...
So this is freaky Thursday so far. I shall let you know if anything interesting happens at the General's public meeting tonight...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home