Wednesday, June 20, 2007

O Canada...



Woot :)

So it's officially my last week of Ignite. *snif* We are cleaning the house :) But it's not my last week in Canada - I still get a couple of weeks after this one to wrap things up. This weekend just past saw us at Newport - I forget if it's the name of the place or the campsite. Anyway, it was for our final retreat. The bugs were HORRENDOUS. I have never seen such bad bugs anywhere. Apparently there is something good about the smog in Toronto - it keeps the bugs away... But the lake was really nice.
High points included: Seeing baby seagulls and seagulls eggs on this mini island that me and Mike canoed out to, swimming in the lake, taking 50 million photos of this tiny red squirrel that we saw and seeing rabbits, a chipmunk and a red headed woodpecker.

Low points included: Being swooped by the baby seagulls' parents whilst on the mini island..., the millions of bugs that included some that I swear were attracted to the bug repellent, killing a million mosquitoes in our cabin so I could sleep soundly... yeah.

So it was fun - we did campfires indoors to get away from the bugs, did some prayer and reflection stuff, played games and took a trip to this awesome chocolate/lollies shop - the Nutty Chocolatier. Pity I had no cash. Except they were charging for imported stuff I can get at home - a big Cadbury's block that's $3 at Big W cost like, $8.50. Not kidding.

No cash, that is, EXCEPT for the $2 that Mike paid me to make him a bagel ($1) and wash up his lunch plate and cutlery ($1). Slacker :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home