Kiwiland
That was a couple of days ago, but I thought I would split up the blog, lol.
So New Zealand was awesome, but the verdict is in - the south island is better. Probably because I like mountains. Although we did get a great view of Mt Ruapehu from Taupo. "We" being Kate Park and myself :)
So we started in Auckland, then went out to Taupo to spend the night on Sunday, and from there to Rotorua for an afternoon, and back to Auckland. Then the next day was a day trip to the Waitomo glow worm caves, which was really pretty. On Wednesday we checked out Auckland, went to Mission Bay and ate fish and chips (it was FREEZING, lol) and then saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in the evening. And we flew out on Thursday morning.
So it was back to the southern hemisphere for me. I was giggling over every small thing - peoples' accents, being on the left side of the road; and I was thrilled in the grocery store! I swear - kid in a candy store. They have an AISLE of awesome chocolate!!! Real bread!! Sausages! Biscuits and cordial!! AND meat pies!!! mmm meat pies... I'm not even kidding - I was so thrilled to be in a grocery store - "Foodmart" it was called.
I kept expecting to see squirrels... And a guy from Cambridge (UK) asked me where in England I was from. No Canadian accent, but apparently I have a genuine British accent... Interesting...
I wanted to see the Southern Cross... but every night was cloudy... not cool.
Anyway, I watched Letters from Iwo Jima on the flight back to Oz... (I saw Blades of Glory on the Pacific Ocean leg of my flight, yay!) and landed safely in Brizvegas....
So New Zealand was awesome, but the verdict is in - the south island is better. Probably because I like mountains. Although we did get a great view of Mt Ruapehu from Taupo. "We" being Kate Park and myself :)
So we started in Auckland, then went out to Taupo to spend the night on Sunday, and from there to Rotorua for an afternoon, and back to Auckland. Then the next day was a day trip to the Waitomo glow worm caves, which was really pretty. On Wednesday we checked out Auckland, went to Mission Bay and ate fish and chips (it was FREEZING, lol) and then saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in the evening. And we flew out on Thursday morning.
So it was back to the southern hemisphere for me. I was giggling over every small thing - peoples' accents, being on the left side of the road; and I was thrilled in the grocery store! I swear - kid in a candy store. They have an AISLE of awesome chocolate!!! Real bread!! Sausages! Biscuits and cordial!! AND meat pies!!! mmm meat pies... I'm not even kidding - I was so thrilled to be in a grocery store - "Foodmart" it was called.
I kept expecting to see squirrels... And a guy from Cambridge (UK) asked me where in England I was from. No Canadian accent, but apparently I have a genuine British accent... Interesting...
I wanted to see the Southern Cross... but every night was cloudy... not cool.
Anyway, I watched Letters from Iwo Jima on the flight back to Oz... (I saw Blades of Glory on the Pacific Ocean leg of my flight, yay!) and landed safely in Brizvegas....
Picture 1 is in Rotorua, Pic 2 is me and Kate on a hill near Auckland, and Pic 3 is the skytower in Auckland. Just like a mini CN tower. Awww.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home