Antidisestablishmentarianism
No reason :)
Oh my gosh. Totally awesome - I scratched things off my to-do list!!! I found my library card after having looked for it ever since I got back in July... I finished an art assessment AND I did another 2 scrapbooking pages for my sister!!!! Whoa!!!
Now my to-do list only consists of: book a first aid course for February/March, ask DHQ for camp badges for the Sunbeam and Adventurer camps that I went on, do and send my visa application (Tuesday this week) book a flight to Canada (thinking about the 21st of April; don't know whether to get a single or a return ticket) which I am SO going to do this week... I hope...
...and find a way to give my souvenirs to my cousins up the coast. I have no transport :(
I've nearly fully been over my room and cleaned it!!! Totally sweet. Should probably finish under my desk...
Last Sunday we had a awesome sermon from a guest preacher (one of our resident musicians) about satisfaction. Which I can totally identify with, seeing as I can find nothing to satisfy my boredom. There's the slogan "Snickers really satisfies" which it totally did until I boycotted chocolate by convincing myself I didn't like it much because it was made by slaves in west Africa. I've read all the good books, seen all the good movies, don't have any sports that I'm training in (NOT cool) all my friends are either busy, or in another state, and it's the school holidays, so yeah. All the community activities are closed, or just for kids. Been to the library, junk food binges just don't do it, and yeah. I've got nothing.
*sigh* anyway, eventually the sermon got to a quote by CS Lewis that went like this:
If I find in myself desires that nothing in this world can satisfy, I can only conclude that I was not made for here.
(which I totally reckon comes from Mere Christianity, but I can't be sure.)
So yeah. BORED. Unsatisfyable. I've never been so unable to find stuff (even when I'm at work and not on holidays), and it's bugging me. But then again, I've usually had a whole lot more stuff to do... Maybe I should do another fun but apparently "useless" uni degree (useless in that I don't have a brilliantly paying job in that field). Seeing as I have no idea what career to pursue. Nah, then I'd get all guilty about "wasting" money if it doesn't lead to work.
Hopefully I can find stuff in Canada?

2 Comments:
You made a typing error. You wrote "book a flight to Canada". That should have been "book a flight to The Netherlands". :-)
Happy New Year
ha ha ha
or book a flight to Canada AND the Netherlands :)
Post a Comment
<< Home