Beyond the black stump
Woop woop. Timbuktoo?
Some of those great Aussie slang terms that mean "far beyond any nameable location". So that only has a little to do with this blog, but hey.
I am so out of it. I am seriously so stressed that I have ceased caring - it's like anaesthetic. I have to make a decision between two choices for my life over the next few years, and I cannot think which to take. It's so important to me... but I'm agonising over choosing one really good choice over another really good choice. Think: getting to know God better and work in a new-ish (but still meaningful) area of ministry with good support from a corps (!!!) VS getting a stable job that will help stabilise my future (financially and career-wise) and help the people involved in the ministry that has involved most of my life.
Add to that the sudden deluge of work I have at the moment - so many people suddenly wanted their work DONE by Friday last week (having given me their applications well within the past week - mainly on Monday & I usually have a turn around of between 1-2 weeks per application) - I found out about it all on Thursday.
It's like the straw that breaks the camels back. I sent emails to people asking for advice - I never do that. I just don't have troubles with the things most people have troubles with it seems. But the things I do have trouble with - it seems like everyone else has no trouble with them at all, and I am tempted to think that they will not answer my plea for advice cos they're thinking " You've got to be joking - she needs advice on THAT? Obviously she's just being silly or she needs a good nights' sleep." I have to hope they will realise that even though it seems stupid, I really actually do need their advice - I really don't know what I'm gonna do.
So yeah. Who needs a stomach lining?
Oh. And I had my first ever drill and fill cavity - that I'm not even sure I even needed - the dentist didn't let me know about it till he whipped out the foot long syringe full of anaesthetic. I think it might have just been a tooth that might have given me some grief in the future. But it never hurt before, and now it (and three other teeth he did nothing to) twinge all the time. And I hate needles. Now I know why people hate going to the dentist. And I might need my adenoids out and surgery on my knee. Fun, fun fun. BUT I do get to go book shopping today, yay. I have $20 to buy as many books as a 30% discount voucher will allow. Maybe 1 and a half :)
Oh, and I voted today in Australia's Federal election. Woot.

1 Comments:
Steph, God has placed wise friends in your life so that you can go to them for counsel. He often chooses to speak to us through other people. When we have big choices to make sometimes all the little details confuse our God-listening abilities. And sometimes just knowing that others are praying along side you is just what is needed to help quiet out all the distractions.
Big decisions...
Post a Comment
<< Home