Happy New Year!


2009... freaky :)
So for my New Year I finally downloaded all my photos so I can now clear off my camera memory cards and actually take some more pics...
My life in a nutshell?
I work 8-4pm Mon to Fri, help lead a home bible study on Monday nights, tutor high school kids on Tuesday nights, lead SAGALA (Adventurers) on Wednesday nights, I'm starting to take a drawing class at some nearby college on Thurdays nights (wanted to take one on Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, but everything needs like, 5 prerequisite classes... so annoying...) and I think I'm still teaching someone drawing on Friday nights... then there's prayer walk in the community afterwards. Saturdays are (theoretically) my day off, and Sundays I do laundry (wow), and attend The Salvation Army Corps 614. And I occasionally write book reviews for TheRubicon.org. They're difficult. Ask me for a scientific writeup any day...
Freakiness... Sometimes it's a bit insane, particularly seeing as I live and minister with the same bunch of people - I work for the Salvation Army too - so I frequently see my boss at church. The only time I get away is tutoring (still in the same community, but not with the Salvos) and with the drawing class I think I'm starting this Thursday... Hopefully it will be good to keep me sane, and not just add to an already busy schedule...
Hopefully at some point plans for this year will sort themselves out - I might be working at a summer camp in Quebec for a couple of weeks in the summer, or I might just go back to NAC, or I might not. Will in all probability be going back to Australia at some point over the next year :)
And yeah. Hope everyone had a great New Years!
OH! And I almost had a white Christmas... except it RAINED (poured!) on Christmas Eve, and so all the snow was half melted and grotty grey on Christmas. Still, the closest I've ever gotten :)
Ok, so I don't know why the first pic is sideways, but it's Abu Dhabi airport and the ceiling is kinda cool, and the second one is the entry driveway to Newport Adventure Camp (NAC) where I worked over the last summer :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home