A story.
Once upon a time, there was a random Hindu guy.
This Hindu guy was very religious. He prayed several times a day, regularly read holy books of varying descriptions as appropriate to his beliefs, gave to the poor, owned lots of cows, etc. This was a very holy hindu. He was such a holy hindu, that not only did he pray with his family and community, but also engaged his herd of cattle in various holy activities, as appropriate to, well, cows, and their level of ability. He walked with them, brushed them, prayed with them, and gave them Perrier to drink in their manger. These were therefore, very holy cows.
And it was to one of these cows that I referred, whereupon I commented on the experience of my very first ever, cherry from a tree. No supermarket necessary, and no truck or plastic box between the tree, its cherry, and my mouth. HOLY COW. It was amazing.
This is the pit...

...that came from the cherry...

...that came from the cherry...

...that came from the tree...
...um, that came from the house that Jack built? Probably not. Maybe Sven.Lol, anyway, the other few cherries I ate were pretty ordinary - when I could find ones that bugs hadn't gotten to. They all had small amounts of yellow flesh.
But hey. First impressions last! And that first impression was SWEET!
A great conclusion to the covenanted time of silence we did at the WYC.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home