Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hey, there's a dude! ....

During the open air on the Saturday, we were looking around the place - we were in the middle of Stockholm, and there were a bunch of cool buildings and stuff. As we looked, we came across a bigger than usual cool building, so I suggested we go get photos.

We saw some steps, and in order to get some shots of the front, we climbed some stairs. There were about 5 other people up there doing the same thing, and as I got near the top, the first words out of my mouth were...

"Hey, there's a DUDE!"

and then...

"Hey, there's ANOTHER dude!"

Both dudes in question were about 2 metres in front of me, in full Swedish royal guard uniform, holding guns with bayonets. We had inadvertently stumbled upon the changing of the guard at the Royal Palace.


Yes, the actual Royal Palace.
And yes, the Swedish royal family actually lives there, and yes, I swear they (the guards) were trying not to smile and stuff up their official duties as I came up with possibly the most (un)intelligent phrase that had ever been directed in their general direction.

But we did finally get our photos. And here's Courtney in front, next to the gate :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home