Jesus
Pleh.
I read someone else's blog recently :) It's so fun when you find someone else's blog that says what you wanted to say, or better yet, says what you needed to hear. I think this blog is the second kind.
It said:
I was reduced to tears tonight as I listened to a girl worship God.
It broke me, becuase I lost sight of that. Somewhere in my life worshipping God took a back road to other things.
So often we look at our lives and see soo much, there is always a lot happening, and getting caught up in that is soo easy. But God doesnt want that for our lives. Getting involved and doing stuff is great, but God wants more for us.
My heart broke tonight because I, along with lots of others are settling for less than fullness.
Where did time go, that sitting down and feeling God's heart every day, got pushed aside?? That singing songs of glorification, not because we are at church, but just singing, becuase we love God, slowly dissapated from our everyday lives.
The Lord weeps, not because we dont glorify him, or dont worship him. He sees that, and is pleased. He weeps because we try so hard, and we want to show him all these things that we have done, and how hard we have tried and he doesnt want it. He wants our hearts. He wants our love. He wants everything we do, to be in an act of love. Not an act of duty or feeling of obligation, but a feeling of love and acceptance and hope.
He desires us not to stand before him and explain how wonderful we have done, but to run into his arms with careless abandon.
A month or more ago, one of the leaders of our community, Cherie White, was praying over me and she started crying, feeling the Lord's heart for me. She went on to explain that in my heart of hearts i was trying to work for the Lords acceptance, taking my offering to him to show him how hard I was trying, though my failures.
But the Lord doesnt want that.
STOP TRYING. Its one of the best things you can do, to recieve God's love without doing anything for it. Because thats how he is giving it. Not with conditions, or with a premise, but with complete abandon.
When we stop. Stop trying to love out of our storehouse, stop trying to DO holiness, stop trying to impress God with our efforts, accomplishments and achievements, and just BE, be love, be completely unreserved to God, we feel better about ourselves, we look at others differently, we act differently, everything we do, changes.
So stop trying. Thats what the Lord taught me tonight, and just be with him. What else matters?? Why do we push these things aside, when they are the most important.
I have missed my time with the Lord today, so I am going to make it up to him.
I pray that you all will be filled with this deep desire to be filled and overflowing with the everabounding love of christ.
Go, be with him.
His next couple of blogs were things like I have been thinking as well. So go check out Andy's blog. Yeah.
http://www.xanga.com/andymacdonald

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home