International much?
The WYC had over 1000 young people from around the world - literally - I think there were 90 something countries represented, from Sweden (where it was held), to PNG where some delegates had to canoe for a week to get to the airport, and had apparently never seen a car before. Here's Courtney - making sure the Newfie (Newfoundland) accent was well represented. As well as Fraser, and Julia :)

This is me in the "Sally Ann" tent (Sally Ann - Fair Trade by the Salvation Army) with two Japanese Salvos. I was looking for those guys for AGES, honestly. And yes, they then had to put up with my badly accented Japanese... They were from Yokohama and Tokyo.

This is ummmmmmm funny chick, what's her name.... The blonde chick in the middle is REALLY funny, and an officer from the States... and I have forgotten her name. Anyway, she's talking with a delegate from Tonga (right), and Kenya (left) I believe - someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Open air in Stockholm on the 17th of July. Guys from... Zimbabwe? Somewhere anyway. Talking with a Swedish, Norwegian or Danish Salvo. You can tell cos of the "F" on his epaulettes. Everyone wanted the cool colourful oufits that many of the African delegations brought. Much awesomer than black and white :)
So yes. We were each given a Poken - think: electronic business card - that when you touched it to someone else's poken, they exchanged your profile information (which you had put on the website). So everyone could connect with people, and keep in touch by making sure they'd connected with your poken! Here's mine, and the website is http://www.poken.com/ . Everyone else pretty much got bees, which were also very cute :)When you logged onto the poken website, you could see details for all the people you'd connected with since you last logged on. I don't know what the guys are going to do in places where they don't have easy computer access... kinda sucks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home