Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lacrosse final

On Sunday we had our lacrosse final. It was cool that we made the finals, but we ended up losing :(

But there were three noteworthy moments to the game...

  1. Early in the first period a bumped into another player and was about to fall over... when I realised that I had enough time to arrange my landing and turn it into a dive-roll. Which turned out perfectly :) Go me :)
  2. Later on, I was standing just by the line around the other teams goalie (the "crease"), when for some random reason the girl playing against me decided to shove me over. The ball wasn't anywhere near me, and I wasn't doing anything. And her team was winning 6-0. Ridiculous! I called her a meanie, and shoved her back later on. Apparently she got in trouble from the referees a fair bit because we weren't playing contact lacrosse, and she wasn't supposed to be doing that. Take THAT random shoving girl!!
  3. TOTALLY GOT A PENALTY!!!!!!!! I honestly don't remember this happening AT ALL, but apparently I accidentally whacked some guy in the head with my lacrosse stick late in the game. The ref called me out, and everyone's looking at me, and I'm like ...whaaaaaa?????? COMPLETELY over my head - had no idea what they were talking about (or what a penalty entailed for that matter). FYI - it's when you go sit in the little box at the side. It was pretty funny.  (we wear helmets, so whoever I smacked was fine, lol)
This is kinda what stuff looks like, except with the fake grass covering the floor:



And here's the website for where I go: http://www.torontolightninglacrosse.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home