Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pet peeve..

So I love Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). It has some super funny Crash Course in World History videos, and helps me keep my maths skills current with fun incentives like visual progress charting, points and badge earning :)

But my pet peeve is this...

See that little grey square in the middle of an otherwise perfect field of navy blue? Each square displays your mastery of a particular math skill, and I've covered early math, worked my way through grades 1-7, and now am well on my way through more advanced levels. The squares start out as grey (unpractised skills) and there are four different shades of blue to show your level of mastery. Navy blue means "mastered".

So why is there a grey square ruining my progress? The jerks keep adding more skills :( Sure it's simple enough to practise the skill - but then you have to wait 16 hours between each Mastery challenge (they allow you to proceed to darker shades of blue). My personal favourite was waiting for the mastery challenges on basic counting, or multiples of ten. SO ANNOYING!!!!! I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF AND REHASHING IT IS TORTURE!!!

Now it's back to the drawing board as I go and learn how to... (checks annoying grey square) *ahem* Represent Ratios. Yippee.

(cranky face, lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home