Monday, November 20, 2006

Day off...

Yay, how good are Mondays? They're our day off. The pic above is the view facing away from the front door of the office. The big pointy tower is the CN tower. I think. Is that what it's called? I hope so. ANYWAY...
So it was Thomas's birthday on Saturday (my brother) he turned 18, woot! At least I emailed him on time. Took the time difference into account and everything. So I 'm trying to find a time I can call when he'll actually be home, but haven't been able to yet... sorry!
Oh, and Myrtle from Inala (Brisbane, Australia) is over here visiting Heather Power, which is sweet! She actually calls street directories by their PROPER name - it's a REFIDEX guys!!! So it's cool - someone here actually speaks my language! Yay!!
Church yesterday was legendary - and we were nearly late because we were on the other side of the city making long distance phonecalls for some nursing home residents, and the off ramp for the highway was congested...
So yeah. Sandra talked about how people always think about "us" and "them" and how stuff is always made worse when you're looking down your nose at "them" instead of treating them like the "us" they really should be. Basically. Except she said it way better than that. I should take notes in church so I don't bollocks it up when I'm remembering stuff... *sigh* she had an example too - like when you walk into church, and you can see all the people looking at you and judging you (pointing their finger at YOU) and then you see that and start pointing YOUR finger right on back (YOU hypocrites! YOU're all so judgmental) So you become guilty of using the same weapon that was hurting you to start with - US and THEM instead of just US.... It causes wars...not cool.

So anyway, I am going to a concert fundraiser thing tonight. I hope I can figure out where it is or I will be wasting my evening off searching the city...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home