Amish people
YO, it was so sweet, I've done kettles three times so far, and the first two times a heap of Amish people came through the shopping centre where I was doing it..
Kettles is where you stand near this weird bubble on a stand, and accept Christmastime donations for the Salvation Army. Yes I am aware that it is only November, but these guys have been starting on Christmas stuff since Halloween...
So yeah, the first time was last Saturday from 9am till 1pm (I did 2 shifts) and a lady and a man came through with a little girl and a little boy. The kids were so cute, awwwww. So yeah, I asked Tim who was the guy doing the next shift who they were, and he's like, they're Amish (duh) and I'm like, SWEET! I wanna steal his hat :)
Well, not really STEAL cos that would be mean. But dude! That's the first time I've seen Amish people, so I'm allowed to be weird. And in Australia, when I get off at the city train station and there is a Salvation army guy selling War Cry's in uniform (and hat) I always wanna nick off with his hat too. And then give it back. So it's not just the Amish guys. It's just anyone with a mildly interesting hat... Yes I know I'm weird, but at least I'm good at it...
And then I did kettles again yesterday morning (Tuesday) in the same place, and a whole heap of Amish guys came through in two groups, so yeah. The little boy was with one of the groups, man that kid is cute... he's gotta be like, 6 or something.
And now I am heaps curious about Amish people, so I am going to look them up online after I do my next post :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home