Ignite blog site
Ok. It's stupid that I have to write the same stuff twice, SO I think I will put in the link for the Ignite team blog site. Our exalted coordinator Fiona has decreed that we must all blog there also, so I guess you can read what I put in there too, if you want :)
Righteo, it's at ignitegapyear.blogspot.com, so go look :)
I'm really liking stuff here. My placements are fully hard sometimes, and you're always watching yourself - behaviour and words and stuff, and always hoping you're not going to make a complete idiot of yourself, but hey. It's really good afterwards when you HAVEN'T made a jerk of yourself :) And classes and bible study are always good. I think I will try and put a copy of my roster up so you can see what I'm doing...no, I'll just write it in
Mondays: Day off
Tuesdays: Prayer at the office 6:30-7:30am
Team bible reading at home 9:15-10:45am
Volunteer with Grade 2 kids maths class 12:45-2:30pm
Building of relationships with church or community people in the afternoon
(enforced socialising, lol)
Wednesday: Volunteer at the River St community cafe 8:50am-1pm
(can be chatting with people, or helping out with the food bank, whatever really)
Brownies (girl guide variety) 6:30-8pm
Thursday: Breakfast van 5-8am (we drive around and serve breakfast to homeless people out of a van. )
Socialise with people at the Bloor Central community lunch 11am-2pm
Mentoring with my mentor 5:00-6:15pm
Bible study 6:30-8pm
Friday: Class at the office 9-12pm
Team meeting at home 12:15 till it finishes
Kids squads 5-8pm
Prayer walk 9-11pm (praying in the neighbourhood)
Saturday:Kids squads 9am-1pm
Enforced socialising in the afternoon. We usually have some squads kids over to make cake and watch a movie or something.
Go to church at at St Jamestown 7-9pm ish
Sunday: Holy space 7:30-8am (read - team devotions)
Every second week we go to Korean corps in the morning, and once a month we go to Bloor Central services 10:45am-1pm
Pack van 1pm (with all music equipment etc to take to the community centre where we have church)
Soldiers class/Discipleship class 2-3:30pm
Church (including set up, eating dinner and packing away) 4-8pm ish
Oh, and every morning except our day off we have personal devotions 7-8am unless we are doing something like prayer or breakfast van. And curfew is 11pm (us in bed) except Sunday, cos Monday is our day off.
So yeah. I'll write more later. Oh and I think it's Ashleigh Duyzer's birthday tomorrow (she's from Pine Rivers Sunbeams, yay! So if anyone who knows her is reading this, tell her I said happy birthday :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home