Sunday, July 22, 2007

Brain splitting in half...

Although it's probably not as neat as clean halves...
So. The early stages of being back in Oz are not looking too good. I haven't got much to do, and the pessimistic side of my brain is having a field day due to the fact that confusion is now running amok. Hmm.

So, I'm trying to find work as well as what God wants with my life, and it seems as though the two are mutually exclusive (and both pending an answer) for some reason. It would be good to go back to Regent Park and hang there for a while, but I am broke, and thus have no way of getting there, and no means of supporting myself once I'm there.

Fiona's idea was for me to get any job, and then come over to Canada on a working holiday visa and find work there. Unfortunately it turns out that I would still have no job support here in Australia, and that would mean trying to subsist off dodgy factory hand jobs until I get some better qualifications/work.

I would REALLY like to move so that I could be part of a church where I could have input and accountability. And where I can trust the teaching to be biblical. Not being a complete nigel all week, except for 2 hours on a Sunday would also be brilliant.

Anyway, I am looking into Civil Engineering/Architecture/Drafting, or maybe Graphic Design as something I could get into. I think Civil Engineering might use some of the stuff I have already studied, so yeah. I really HOPE that I'm not missing something better God has for me - the whole struggling with the faith/trust vs responsible steward conundrum. But I'm trying to be responsible with my finances and life AND obedient at the same time. I just can't hear if God is saying anything to me at the moment, and I need to earn some money.

I wish I could be part of a corps that has SAGALA, rather than just parachute in to a couple of corps to lend a hand.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 am, Blogger Ruud Vermeij said...

I don't know whether this will be helpful or not, but anyway...

I have learned that God want us to use our abilities and gifts. Also God gives us freedom, that means responibility and decision making.

In other words, talk with God about your choices, but don't wait for Him to decide for you. Your choice can't be wrong (unless you want to profess something immoral.)

Once I read the term 'guidance-mania', that was very telling to me...

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Stephanie said...

True. That's a good point, thanks :)

It's just the continuing dilemma between what's a "good" choice, and what's "God's best". I probably shouldn't stress so much though... I guess God is able to make himself clear if he needs to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home