Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Taekwondo

We (Tim, Kingsley and I) went to a free taekwondo trial last night. They had never done it before, and it's been a few months for me... so now I have sore stomach muscles, lol.

It was alright I guess... but I really prefer my usual taekwondo! It has so much better technique being taught in class, and attitudes and stuff.
In the taekwondo I go to in Australia, they have four...things you're supposed to gain - modesty, perserverance, self-control and indomitable spirit. These guys had similar ones, but without the modesty, and you could tell...
5 foot high trophies in the windows, photos of the master with all these movie guys everywhere, seriously...
Tim said they would twist our arm after our free class to try and get us to buy into it - all the strong arm tactics etc, but I fully didn't believe him because that never happens at my usual club (Moon Lee taekwondo Australia). Holy mackerel, how wrong was I! The guy went on for like, half an hour telling us about how crap my taekwondo was, how much better his was, and then went into detail about his movie making and stunt coordinating career. Tim ended up having to ask about prices, cos the guy didn't sound like he was ever going to be telling us any pertinent details...

SO. While it was kinda fun to be doing some kicks and stuff, I don't really feel like paying $800 for a year of people mucking with my technique and bagging out my usual taekwondo twice weekly. And I would have to buy a new uniform too probably... When I get back to Australia, I am so telling all my instructors how legendary they are :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home